Thursday, July 16, 2009

The New Adventure!

Hmmm....one month to the day since my last blog entry. So much has happened in a month! And no need to be cryptic now...like in my last entry :) I am fully engaged in my new life adventure. I live in North Carolina now and am back in the industry that I love so dearly...the Special Events Industry. I am now working as the Director of Events for a very large Internet Marketing Company and loving it. I am loving North Carolina as well. The people here are so hospitable and kind and respectful...it's refreshing. I was received with the warmest of welcomes and I have been made to feel like family here. How amazing it is that one day...one decision...can change your whole world? Of course, I already miss my incredible friends and my "sistahs" in Florida. But they are with me always. I carry their love in my heart and I know they feel my love in theirs. It is a bond that can never be broken. They wished me all the best and sent me off to my new life with their prayers and support. Who could ask for better friends?

The job is going very well. It is a new challenge and a new way of looking at events and I am growing again. It's good to grow...keeps you feeling young and healthy I think! I spent the weekend (and many hours on the internet before I arrived here) house hunting and found the perfect house to rent. If I can figure out how, I will upload some pictures of the house:) I know...it's a great time to buy. And I wish I could! Especially with that $8,000.00 refund that is part of this year's stimulus package! But I can't. So instead, the lovely real estate agent who helped me find my new home, Kim, has agreed to help me try to find a way to invest in a home or two in foreclosure while the time is right. I pray that we can pull that off! And after all, wasn't it me who was talking about miracles happening just a short time ago? Well, here's hoping!! Either way, I am happy to be here and flourishing and I can't wait for my son to join me here. I think he is going to love NC. It's his kind of "laid back" and I think he will do well here.

A new adventure...happiness discovered again...new opportunities! Life is good! I am, once again, blessed. Of course I have failed to mention some of the challenges. I keep getting lost in the office!! It's big and is designed like a maze so it's pretty easy to get lost but I am finally finding my way. Around town as well, although the weekend could have been disasterous without the aid of my GPS. I actually enjoyed some of the lost moments though. It allowed me to just go with the flow and see the pretty landscape in this lush and lovely part of the country. Yep, I think this will be a good adventure. It's a "Grand New Day" and I plan to live my new life to the fullest! Wish me luck!! And I will keep u posted:) Til the next post.....

1 comment:

  1. I am so so so happy for you and glad to see you posting again! See you soon I hope :)

    ReplyDelete