Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Miracles DO happen!

...and then, out of blue, comes a phone call that would change my life.....again. Sometimes its difficult to figure out what makes people do what they do. We make decisions every day that affect our own lives and the lives of others. Sometimes they are monumental and sometimes they are just little decisions but no matter the size, they have an effect that can rock your world or send it tumbling down. Such decisions have been made in the past 6 months that have involved me and I have felt both the tumbling and now, joyfully, the rocking of my world! The point? The point is simply this. Life is short in the scheme of things. We go through life in our own little bubbles with little regard for the affects that our decisions or actions may have on the rest of the world around us. Have you ever thought at the end of a bad day..."gosh, I hope when I honked angrily at that car this morning (that turned out to have an elderly woman driving it), that I didn't scare her into a heart attack!"...or "did my decision to promote the worker who was the best man for the job, devastate the worker who was next in line for the promotion"? It has certainly made me acutely aware that my own personal and professional decisions may affect the lives of the people around me...may hurt them, devastate them, send them into depression or who knows what? I am acutely aware! Because such decisions that others have made, affected my life...hurt me, devastated me, depressed me....and made my world come crashing down. A simple, self serving decision that seems like the right thing to do, still needs much thought if we are to consider ourselves humane and loving toward our fellow man. We need to slow down in the rapid pace of these times and think. Really think about who might benefit and who might be annihalated by the decisions we make. We need to love each other so that we might be loved.

I am very blessed to have the gift of faith. And I have learned to look for the blessing that inevitably comes with every disaster. Nothing is impossible and miracles really do happen! For me, thankfully, my little miracle has arrived. I have been blessed with a friend who has reconsidered and made a wiser, more loving decision. And it has rocked my world! So I end my blog today with this wisdom: "I assure you, if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to this mountain 'move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." Matthew 17:20,21

No comments:

Post a Comment